In collaboration with:
En colaboración con:
SPAIN FOODTECH – Startups program aims to support the construction and development of solid Spanish startups in the agrifood tech sector, capable of competing on a global scale and becoming a benchmark, positioning Spain as a technological leader in this field.
It is a hands on program, lasting 6 months, with a customized work plan for each startup, using a first class work methodology, focused on guaranteeing the success of the startup in the market and obtaining the necessary investment for its correct development.
The startups have a team with more than 20 years of global experience, the technological support of CNTA and the support of ICEX in their internationalization and access to pilots and agreements with national and international food corporations.
AREAS OF INTEREST
We are looking for startups with sustainable and disruptive technologies and solutions applied with an impact along the entire agri-food value chain, from farm to fork.
- New forms of indoor and outdoor cultivation.
- Technologies that drive the ecological transition, improve environmental impact or ensure food security.
- Tools to boost agricultural productivity.
- New business models applied to the primary sector.
- Technologies and infrastructures for the generation of a new food value chain, with a strong focus in biotechnology.
- New alternative sources of proteins and lipids (mycelium, molecular farming and microalgae).
- New business models focused on the democratization of novel technologies in the food sector.
- Solutions that drive a more sustainable value chain with less impact on the planet, based on waste reduction, new low-impact packaging or business models that drive ecological footprint reduction.
- New business models based on carbon footprint and LCA carbon reduction.
- New sustainable packaging.
- New solutions that promote beneficial changes in consumer health through food.
- Nutrigenetics. Precision nutrition.
- New ingredients that enable clean labels or improvements in the nutritional profiles.
- Introduction of new business models with a strong digital foundation to serve consumer needs more effectively.
- Use of sensorization and data management to better understand consumers and cross the gap between physical and digital.
- Application of “deep technologies” to the agri-food value chain such as satellite technology, artificial intelligence, IOT, machine learning, blockchain or robotics, etc.
4º agri-food power
at the European level and 5º country for investment in Foodtech
9,7% of Spain’s GDP
contribution of the agri-food sector
268 million euros
investment in Foodtech 2022
The startups of the Spain Foodtech 2021 are globally disruptive, have achieved solid traction with the principal investors and international corporations, and have generated intellectual property that is having a strong social impact. A quantitative and qualitative success where the value of those startups has multiplied by 6, with an average valuation of 7.5 million euros that is reflected in resulting financing rounds.
The five disruptive technologies that are protagonists of the first cohort of Spain FoodTech have been developed by: